Back in July, we announced our brand new product, the Kosmos IoT System, and started taking waitlist signups. The response we received was incredible – over 6,000 companies and individuals have signed up for the waitlist since then.
Now, we’re excited to offer Kosmos to anyone who wants to try it out on temboo.com. This post is designed to be a resource for anyone who is interested in learning more about Kosmos and our free trial for the product as well. If you still have any questions after looking through this post, please feel free to reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What is Kosmos?
The Kosmos IoT System helps companies make their products, processes, and facilities “smart”.
Innovative organizations in industries like food and beverage manufacturing, facilities management, wastewater treatment, and more use Kosmos to monitor physical assets, get alerts, and collect sensor data.
It’s the easiest way to implement Industrial IoT applications at any scale, on any type of machinery, with a single platform.
We designed Kosmos with you, the people using the product, in mind which means that you can quickly setup and deploy applications – no coding required.
Want to add Kosmos to the machines you already own? With Kosmos it’s easy to retrofit your current setup and even combine equipment from different manufacturers.
How Does Kosmos Work?
The Kosmos IoT System works by taking sensor data from your physical environment and relaying that information to a gateway device where it is stored until it is uploaded to the Kosmos Cloud.
You’ll need to make some choices ahead of time as to how you will be powering your IoT System, what kind of hardware you’d like to use, and how you’ll be connecting your hardware to the internet.
If you are unsure about how to make these decisions, contact us and we’ll help you out as much as we can!
Kosmos IoT Platform Overview
With Kosmos, you can increase OEE, inform process improvements, get alerts about important events, and monitor, control, and maintain your assets.
The outcomes have a big impact – cost savings on maintenance, reductions in wasted materials, better quality control, simplified compliance, and higher levels of customer service.
Machine Generated Code
- No coding or software engineering required by you
- Code is optimized to minimize power consumption and memory usage
- Generated code takes into account the desired architecture, chipset, sensors, actuators, and other system features
- Adjust output power to connected lights, motors, or other actuators
- Controls are based on sensor data or rules set by you
- Turn data into actionable information
Sensor Data Visualization
- Updated graphs of sensor data are available for every device and sensor
- KPIs are automatically summarized
Predictions Powered By Machine Learning
- Get advanced warning when the sensor states you care about are likely to occur
- Automatic notifications when anomalous sensor events are detected
- Advice on how you can optimize your system for the outcomes you care about
- Update your firmware from your computer instead of trudging into the field
- Easily push over-the-air updates to application logic and embedded firmware
- Works with any environment or object that you want to bring online
- Start with a single device and expand to add more configurations
- Hardware independent software libraries are designed to work on any embedded chipsets
- Automatic data transport encryption during transit from device to gateway and gateway to cloud
- Admins can control levels of access for each user on the platform
- Remote monitoring of generators, pumps, tanks and other critical building systems for improved operational efficiency
Food and Beverage Manufacturing
- Food and beverage temperature on the production line
- Inventory storage room temperature & humidity
- Metal detection
- Water/liquid storage tank temperature, pressure, and fill level
- Machine health monitoring via sensors or existing PLCs
- Generate quality assurance reports
- Water/liquid storage tank temperature
- Early notice of performance decline for HVAC equipment
- Device provisioning
- Automated data collection
- OTA updates for distributed physical products
- Hourly logs of temperature, humidity, light intensity, DO, and other variables
- Email/text alerts when unusual behavior occurs after hours
- Early notice of performance decline for HVAC and lighting equipment
- Hourly temperature and humidity logs for product integrity and audits
- Count spindle time for each machine on the factory floor
Coolant Filtration Systems
- Email/text alerts when coolant temperature is dangerously high
- Remote monitoring of critical infrastructure for risk mitigation and improved maintenance
- Sense and log fill levels of city trash bins
- Make more efficient use of sanitation department resources and create rich datasets for city planners
Environmental Data Collection
- Collect data on air and water quality, temperature, CO2 levels, and more
- Use this information for obtaining grants, making better policy decisions, bringing attention to issues in your community, and more.
Right now we offer the following options for hardware with Kosmos but we’ll be adding and updating this list frequently as we offer support for even more devices.
- Industrial & Enterprise Sensors
- Programmable Microcontrollers
- Bluetooth 5 Multi-Sensors
- PLCs & Modbus Devices
- Kosmos Industrial IoT Starter Kit (USA & Canada Only)
Setting up Kosmos is easy with our step-by-step instructions and documentation. Once you have all the hardware you need, it should take less than 30 minutes to get up and running!
All of the documentation for the hardware we support can be found here:
- Full Kosmos tutorials for:
- Hardware setup guides for all of the hardware listed above
- Product feature guides for viewing sensor data and creating sensor rules
- Datasheets for supported sensors and actuators
Industrial IoT Starter Kit (US & Canada Only)
Our Industrial IoT Starter Kit is a great place to start an initial pilot for your Kosmos application. It comes with all of the hardware you need to get started as well as 21 days of Kosmos for free.
The trial plan allows you to access Kosmos features like advanced data visualization, unlimited sensor alerts, remote control, summary email reports, and more.
We offer a choice between two types of sensors in the kit: the NCD AC Current Monitor for power monitoring or the NCD Thermocouple for temperature monitoring. Both sensors are wireless and built for industrial uses which makes them easy to deploy and also rugged enough to survive in industrial settings.
We won’t charge you anything for the kit until your 21 day trial is up. If you decide you’re not ready to implement Kosmos, make sure to contact us before your trial ends so that we can arrange for return shipping of the kit and to make sure you are not charged for Kosmos.
If you have any other questions about our Industrial Starter Kit, please contact us for more information!
Free Trial Information
If you have all of the hardware you need to start running an IoT application using Kosmos, you can get started with a free 30 day trial. We won’t charge your card until after the trial ends at which point you’ll be charged for the plan that you choose.
If you decide that you’re not ready to implement Kosmos during the trial, make sure to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and before the 30 day trial ends so that we don’t charge your card.
Pricing & Plans
All of our plans are billed annually and come with a free initial phone consultation. We also offer custom plans, so if you are interested in those make sure to get in touch!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started with Kosmos?
Sign up for a free account, and you’ll get 30 days to try out Kosmos for free. If you don’t have compatible hardware, we can send you an Industrial IoT Starter Kit at no cost to you. You can return it at the end of your trial if you’re not ready to upgrade to a paid Kosmos plan to avoid any charges.
What can be monitored & measured with Kosmos?
All types of products, processes, and facilities can be connected to Kosmos. This is accomplished with sensors that measure temperature, humidity, voltage, current, pressure, humidity, vibration, moisture, and more, in addition to 4-20 mA sensors and sensor data accessible via Modbus and other industrial protocols.
What hardware works with Kosmos?
The Kosmos setup process during the free trial shows the ever-growing list of hardware compatible with Kosmos, and we’re happy to answer any questions about supported devices.
How does billing work?
In most cases your subscription will be billed annually on the date that your Temboo account is upgraded to a paid account. You can read more in our billing terms.
What does Internal Machine Sensing mean?
Internal Machine Sensing uses an asset’s existing sensors to connect them to Kosmos. Depending on the device or machine, this can include directly accessing this sensor information via existing communication ports (via Modbus for example) or wiring to existing circuits. Get in touch to learn more.
What is the Standard Logging Interval?
This depends on the particular type of hardware you are using, but in most cases sensor data is uploaded to Kosmos for viewing every ten minutes.
How do I use Temboo for accessing APIs?
You should use our API Toolkit product instead of Kosmos. You can sign up for it here.
I want to use Temboo in the classroom or for my non-profit.
If you’re a registered non-profit entity, please contact us to learn more about special pricing and discounts. If you’re using Temboo at an academic institution, see our Education page.