Temboo’s Kosmos System for Industrial IoT lets you analyze and store your data from PLCs on a single platform. System integrators and maintenance technicians vote Kosmos as an easy solution to track OEE, create SMS or email-based alarm systems and store machine data in a secure, cloud-based database. Kosmos also supports industrial sensors, and other internet-connected equipment so that all of your data is in one place.
- Try all of the following Kosmos features for free:
- No-coding PLC application builder
- Email/SMS alerts
- Sensor and diagnostic data analysis
- Cloud-based data storage
- Over-the-air software updates
- Predictions powered by machine learning
- Role-based user permissions
- Network security provisions
Want to learn more about how operations teams use Kosmos? Read on or get started now!
How Does Kosmos Work?
The Kosmos IoT System works by transmitting data from your PLCs to an internet-connected gateway running Kosmos software (we provide the software and you can use any gateway of your choice!)
In the Kosmos web application, you can view your dashboards and get machine learning-powered insights.
Manage your system entirely from your computer- without having to touch your devices. Over-the-air updates make it easy to set email/SMS alerts, change the data reporting frequency or add and remove devices on the network.
Kosmos Features for PLCs
Watch our overview video (example shown is with the Schneider Electric ATV312) or read our list of features.
- No-coding PLC Application Builder
- No coding or software engineering required by you
- Visual interface for inputting Modbus Tables
- Customized gateway application software
- Email/SMS Alerts
- Set alarm levels and trigger automatic emails/SMS text
- Configure alerts for specific dates and times
- Sensor and Diagnostic Data Analysis
- View sensor and diagnostic data for your PLC in any web or mobile browser
- Combine all your data from PLCs from multiple vendors into a single view
- Automatically summarized KPIs
- Track trends over time
- Cloud-Based Data Storage
- Log data from your PLC in the cloud
- Export data as a CSV file or send data to an external database via API
- Update the gateway firmware from your computer instead of trudging into the field
- Easily push over-the-air updates to add/remove sensors or PLCs
- Predictions Powered By Machine Learning
- Get advanced warning of abnormal behavior
- Automatic notifications when anomalous sensor events are detected
- Advice on how you can optimize your system for the outcomes you care about
- User Permissions
- Assign permissions to individual users and groups of users
- Easily share information with outside external maintenance technicians, suppliers and other contractors
- TLS & AES encryption for data in motion and at rest
- Data isolation and capability sandboxing on Temboo’s servers
How do I setup my PLCs to work with Kosmos?
Setting up Kosmos is easy with our step-by-step instructions and documentation. It should take less than 1 hour to get up and running!
Kosmos supports any PLC with a Modbus TCP or RTU server.
1. Locate your PLC’s IP address, port, and Modbus table.
If you need help locating your Modbus table, see the instructions in our FAQ section.
2. Log into your Kosmos account and select “Create Application”.
Create a Kosmos account for free if you haven’t already.
3. Setup your PLC in one of the two network configurations below.
Network Configuration A
Network Configuration B
For step-by-step instructions about how to network your PLC, read our networking guide.
4. Upload the gateway configuration files onto the gateway.
For step-by-step instructions, select one of the two hardware setup guides below.
5. Your Kosmos PLC application is live!
Reach out to us if you have any questions that are not answered in our FAQ section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which PLCs are compatible with Kosmos?
Kosmos is compatible with any PLC that communicates via Modbus TCP or Modbus RTU. Your PLC can be from any manufacturer, such as Allen Bradley, Automation Direct, Schneider Electric, Siemens, ABB, Honeywell, and others!
Which gateways are compatible with Kosmos?
We especially designed Kosmos to support the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. Visit the Raspberry Pi website to learn more about the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and find an authorized seller in your country.
If you would like to use a different gateway, the over-the-air updates feature may not be supported. Reach out to our team to let us know if you need to use a gateway other than the Raspberry Pi.
How many devices can Kosmos support?
Kosmos supports device networks of any scale, from tens to thousands of devices.
Does Kosmos support devices other than PLCs?
Yes, Kosmos is compatible with most programmable hardware, including industrial sensors, micro-controllers and popular plug-and-play IoT devices. A growing list of device we support is here.
How much data storage is included in my Kosmos plan?
Data storage is unlimited while your account is active. You can also export your data at anytime.
How can I export my data?
You can download your data as a CSV from the Kosmos dashboard. We can also enable export to external databases via API upon request.
Where can I find my Modbus table?
Most organizations store a copy of the Modbus table in a file, or as a printout. Request a copy from your IT or Operations Department.
If an outside contractor programmed your PLCs and did not provide a copy of the Modbus tables, contact the contractor to request a copy. You can share this Modbus table template with the contractor to ensure they provide you the correct information.
How do I enable the Modbus server on my PLC?
Documentation & Videos
Kosmos Setup Guides
Hardware Setup Guides